In this post, I will be sharing tips with you on how you can save money on your next trip to Europe. I have used these tips personally and have saved a lot of money in all my travels.
While Planning your trip:
- One of the best ways to save a lot of money is on international flight tickets. Check websites like fly4free.
- Plan weekends away from big cities. Big cities on weekends tend to be more expensive. Use the opportunity to go to the countryside or smaller towns.
- For accommodation, I mostly use hostelworld.com. I book hostels with ratings above 8, offer free breakfast and require no advance payment.
- You might try Couchsurfing.
- Museums and attractions in Europe can often be quite expensive. Almost all museums and some attractions in Europe has one free day. Check which day is your fav museums has free entrance and plan accordingly.
- Use Budget Airlines like Ryanair and Wizz Air. Also, check ride-sharing apps as Bla Bla Car.
- Between cities use budget buses as RegioJet, Flixbus, Polski Bus, etc.
- Book flights on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They are substantially cheaper than other days.
Before you leave:
- Change the currency to Euro before you enter the country. Never exchange in airport or railway stations as the rates they offer there are appalling.
- Locate the Starbucks and McD’s in the cities. You can get free internet.
- Use Groupon for purchasing dishes in restaurants and attractions.
While in a city:
- Visit the lobby of hostels to check various discounted offers. Also, join free walking tours.
- Avoid visiting recommended restaurants and cafes from trip advisors. They are often expensive and over-rated.
- Use Uber instead of a taxi. Buy daily/weekly tickets, if you are planning to use public transport a lot.
Hope you found my tips useful and they have saved your money as well. Enjoy your traveling to Europe!